Version 3.1 is the last of the 3.x series.
Signup for our newsletter
FileBoss V4: The future of FileBoss
Major Additions and Upgrades
- File and Folder Health Checks (finds
potential problem files and checks for conformity to
standard media requirements such as thumb
drives (exFat), FAT16 and FAT32 (typically old
hard disks), CDs, DVDs, and custom file
Click image for larger view
- Deleting problem files (we call it Nuking).
As long as the disk isn't corrupt or damaged
FileBoss should be able to delete files,
folders and whole paths no matter how deep
they are or what characters the filenames
- Convert all illegal (e.g., iOS/Linux/corrupted)
filenames to valid Windows filenames
- Power renaming with Regular Expressions
- Recursive renaming
- Extremely fast directory listings
- Reports for copy error that include one or
more reasons as to what may be the problem.
Long filenames and illegal characters
- Robust renaming of problem files such as
removing illegal spaces, Linux, Mac, and
illegal characters. These can be renamed
either inline or using the batch renaming
- Better display and navigation of problem
files and folders. Deep files and folders can
now be navigated to in the tree view (the
left-hand pane of any tab.
- Flexible and powerful renaming with
Regular Expressions e.g. "John Doe, Deparment
P25" to "Doe, John, Deparment P25" or even to
"Dept P25, Doe, John".
- Search and replace
now makes optional multiple replacements in filenames.
- Better, more prominent logic for renaming
- Files with errors listed in special
Virtual Folder along with possible reasons
- Selective Copy
- Variable text size for views and dialogs
- Quick access to drive properties and disk
- Realtime updates of drive space for drive
- Drive bar now on Virtual Folder Tabs as
well as Explorer Tabs
- Folders can now be sorted together with
Miscellaneous Minor Stuff